I Am a Crazy Mom

Saturday, March 04, 2006

What a long day....

Saturday, we had a very long eventful day. After a not-so-very good night sleep (Tyler woke up a bazillion times, causing Jasmine to wake up and crawl into bed with us, squising me), we decided to head on into Portland for the day. At around 10:00, we drove to a local park-and-ride and hopped on a MAX train. We first went to check out the state Chess for Success tournament at the convention center. Man, that center is huge. It took us forever to find where the chess tournament was being held. In the process, I got separated from my husband-- he had Jasmine and I had Tyler. It took me twenty minutes or so to find him again. We huhg around there for a while so he could visit with some people he knew. We then got on the MAX again to commute to another part of town. We did quite a bit of walking, then stoped at a hotdog joint called "Good Dog Bad Dog" for lunch. Jasmine just loved all of the little doggy decorations in the restaurant. They had pretty good hotdogs there, but I didn't get the chance to sit and enjoy my lunch. I had to hurry up and eat it because Tyler was a squealy little crank. Lately (like within the past week or so), he's decided that he'll do a really loud high-pitched squeal whenever he's upset. GRR! Talk about nerve-racking!

So, after we ate, we got on the MAX and headed on over to the zoo. It was a beautiful day outside, and the zoo was jam-packed. We spent several hours there, then got back on the MAX to go get our car. We then drove around to some pet stores in the area (and didn't find what we needed-- GRR!), then ended up at Target. On our drive, we passed like one of the only Mexican restaurants in the Metro area, so we stopped by to eat their for dinner. It wasn't the best food in the world, but we had a fun time. We were so tired by the time we got home that we didn't do much after that.

Sunday was absolutely uneventful. After church, we cooked dinner, watched the Oscars, then went to bed. We got the kids to bed at 8:30, and we were in bed by 9:00. It feels good to go to bed early once in a while. I'm still really tired, though. Maybe it's becaue Tyler kept waking me up last night, and he ended up waking Jazz up as well. In order to prevent her from coming into our room, I fell asleep on the beanbag in their room at 3:00 this morning. I didn't sleep too well in there. I long for the night when both kids sleep all the way through without crying or coming into our bed! I'll have to wait a while... like 10 years or so! That's all part of being a mom.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger Dawnyel said…

    I wish that I could have nice weather too...I don't even think the zoo will open until next month. I'm glad you got a small family outing...even if it was to go to a convention! :)

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger Mattsmom said…

    Sounds fun...and slightly familiar...the busy part anyway...read my blog and Dawnyels for the weekend. We were all busy!
    I am slightly jealous that you got to go to the zoo though...Saturday morning we woke up to a ground covered in snow...and it snowed all day here!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home