I Am a Crazy Mom

Monday, February 27, 2006

Simon Birch is an awesome movie.

Last night, my family watched the movie Simon Birch. Now, that is an awesome movie. I really love the theme about God's Plan that runs throughout the whole thing. My husband and I had seen it before last night, but Jasmine had not (and Tyler wasn't even paying attention). We got it for Christmas, but just barely pulled it out to watch. ANYway, Jasmine was GLUED to the TV during the movie. She just loved Simon. She also liked the sci-fi-looking turtle doves in the pageant. Everything was going great with Jasmine watchng the movie until the pageant scene. She was very concerned when the little girl "fell" into the manger after being grabbed by Simon. When the turtle dove got his costume head kicked off by the fat angel boy, she started screaming and freaking out. It only added flames to the fire when the fat angel boy threw up on the mean Sunday School teacher. Jasmine was so upset that she tried to run into the other room while she was bawling. We finally got her calmed down and she sat with us to watch the rest of the movie. I tried really hard not to laugh. Jasmine has such a sweet sensitivity about her, and I don't want her to lose it. However, sometimes she's sensitive to the darndest things, while other things don't even phase her. I think it may have something to do with seeing little kids in trouble or distress. I guess I'll never completely understand what goes on in that mind of hers.... she definitely keeps me on my toes. That's my story for the day.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:00 AM, Blogger Dawnyel said…

    Jazz is such a sweetie...I would think that this particular scene would upset her...it is quite memorable. I don't think you will be having her watch it again any time soon! :)

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Mattsmom said…

    HAHAHA!
    Poor girl!
    That scene is sooo funny to an adult..but I can see why she was sad! Matthew was freaking out when Kusco and Pacha were tied to a tree limb and fell into the "raging river of death" on the Emperors New Groove! I had to reassure him that they would live...and that it was alright. He too is a sensitive one. Also...one day when Craig was watching I robot he got all tense when the robots were trying to get Will Smith. It just makes me understand that there is a lot that I didn;t realize that Matthew takes in...and that I always have little eyes and little ears around me!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home