I Am a Crazy Mom

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

It's a beautiful day today.

Today is a beautiful day. My home page (www.whitepdx.com) says that it's 56 degrees outside. It's been raining for the past several days, but today is partially sunny with no rain. I would love to go to the park with the kids, but I'm waiting for the pest control guys to come spray our balcony doorways for ants. I don't know when they're gonna show up, and I don't really like the idea of them coming into the apartment without me here. I was told that I wouldn't have to vacate it or anything, since it's just the doorways that they have to do.

Anyway, if they aren't too late, perhaps I'll take the kids over to the park across the street. My only dread about that is that my husband took the car this morning, and the stroller is in the trunk. I guess I'd just have to haul Tyler in my arms. Considering that the walk to the park is mainly uphill, I don't know how eager I am to carry Ty the whole way, though. He sure is getting heavy. Yesterday, I stood him on our bathroom scale and it said he weighs 25 pounds! Man, what a big boy! Jasmine was probably two years old before she weighed that much. I also put Jazz on the scale, and she weighed in at a whopping 41 pounds. It's about time! She stayed in the 35 pound range for the longest time. I think she may be finally hitting a growth spurt. She sure has been eating more lately. And of course that would have to happen, because my husband just built toddler-sized bunkbeds for the kids (she currently still fits on a crib mattress with room to spare). I hope she can fit in the bed for as long as we live here, since we built them to give us more room here.

Here's my story for the day. Yesterday, while Tyler was taking a nap, I encouraged Jasmine to do a quiet activity out in the front room (since all the toys are in the bedroom, which is off limits while Tyler is sleeping). She picked out a 70 piece My Little Pony puzzle and asked me to help her with it. When we had a little over half of it put together, she said that she wanted to put the rest together by herself. I was soooo tired, so I decided to lie down on the couch and close my eyes for a few minutes. She then piped up, "Mommy, open your eyes and watch me put the puzzle together." I suggested that she surprise me, and have me wait and look at th puzzle when it was completed. She thought that was a good idea. Things were going great until she had just two pieces left to put in place. One of them was missing. She asked me to help her find it, so I did just that. After rifling through some papers that I had cleared off the table when she started, I located the missing piece. Upon giving it to her, she put it into the puzzle. She then wanted me to lie down and close my eyes one more time before puting in the last piece, so she could "surprise" me by showing me the completed puzzle. I thought that was cute. She loves puzzles, and she is so good at puting them together. She is one smart cookie.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger Dawnyel said…

    Phew!! I'm outta breath! :) It was a nice day here too! It is nice to look out and see sun...but everything is flooding...but it's all good!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home