I Am a Crazy Mom

Saturday, February 25, 2006

I've had a long day.

I've had a really long day. Well, at least it seemed long..... maybe it's because I was so blasted tired. It certainly wasn't very eventful. Last night, I crashed on the couch while my husband was playing Zelda: Ocarina of Time on the Game Cube. I ended up waking up at around midnight because Tyler was crying. Once I got him settled down, I went to bed, leaving good ol' Daddy out in the front room with his game. I don't think he went to bed till like 2:00 or 3:00. That is just insane! ANYhoo, I didn't have to get up again for Tyler till around 6:00 or so. That was nice. His frequent waking up at nights has turned me into a zombie (kinda like I was right after he was born). As I'm typing this, he's just woken up... I'd better go take care of him before he wakes up Jasmine... (Whew. He's back to sleep now).

Today, I had to drive out to Big-O Tires to get a tire fixed. You see, yesterday when I got the oil changed on my car, they did a ya-de-yadda point inspection thingy on the car. It was brought to my attention that the front right tire had a bulge in its sidewall. Looking at it, I was reminded of a hernia. It was a little bubble-like bulge that stuck out almost an inch. I later found out that this was most likely caused by my husband when he "curbed" the car at over 30 mph a week or so ago. He didn't notice the bulge at the time, so it's probably been growing. We didn't want to take any chances of having a front tire burst on us, so I went on down to the tire store. Back in Idaho, this wouldn't have been such a big deal, since there are Big-O's all over the place. (By the way, we have 2 yr old tires on our car from Big-O with a 3 yr warranty, so we have to go there). Here, however, the closest one is like 12 miles away. There are only four Big-O Tires in the whole Portland metro area. This one was in Hillsboro, and it took me like 25 minutes to drive there with traffic and all. And of course, they don't have our type of tires in stock-- they ordered one for me-- so they had to put a temporary tire on. I'll have to make the drive, once again, in a week when their shipment arrives. Today I was lucky enough to leave the kids home with Daddy. Next week, I'll probably have to take them with me. While the drive is long, though, at least they're service is quick. And the guy that works there is a really nice guy. He remembered me from when I replaced a tire back in August. I think it's because he's originally from Blackfoot, Idaho... about 25 miles from where I'm from. He hasn't lived there for like 30 years or so, but it's a connection we were able to make. It's always fun to see people around here that are from Idaho. In fact, before we got our lisence plates changed to Oregon plates, a couple stopped us as we were getting out of our car in the K-Mart parking lot. They saw our 8B plates, and knew we were from Bonneville county. They were also from there.

This evening, we went around and did a bunch of shopping. We ended up splurging at Bed Bath and Beyond. That store like totally rocks, dude! Every time we go there, we end up getting a bunch of stuff that wasn't even on our to-get list. Now that we finally have things arranged in this apartment the way we want them, I was able to get some things (rugs, etc) to spruce it up. It always takes us FOR EV-UR to get settled in after a move. In fact, we usually get stuff settled about when it's time to move again. I can finally say that, after 9 months, we've got things the way we want them to be here. Luckily, we plan on staying here for at least another year after our current lease is up.

Well, it's late and I'm tired. Although church doesn't start till 11:00 tomorrow, my husband has meetings beforehand. With only one car, that means we ALL have to leave early. So, I'm off to bed.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:09 PM, Blogger Mattsmom said…

    Car troubles are NOT cool!!!!
    But it is a good thing you got so many warranties! Good luck with all of that!
    I loved the coimment you left me! The Goggy'd ARE gonna get me! Matthew is learning even more words every day! Craig swares that he said some version of giraffe the other day...but as of yesterday it was a goggy just like every thing else!
    mattsmom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home