I Am a Crazy Mom

Friday, March 10, 2006

What a fun date!

I had a real fun time last night on that date with my hubby. I dropped the kids off at my cousin's house in Sherwood at 5:30, then I zoomed on over to the Sunset Transit Center to park the car nad hop onto the MAX.... we figured that it would just be easier that way. The MAX ticket was only $4.00, and I would have had to spend more than that to find a parking spot in downtown Portland.... not to mention the time it would have taken. My husband met me at the library where I got off the train, and we walked to the hotel together. I cought the last 30 minutes of the silent auction where they were having cheese and wine tasting. I ate a bunch of cheese and crackers... they had all sorts of funky kinds of cheese. (I guess the cheese is supposed to complement the taste of the wine, but I wouldn't know that!) My husband bid on a few books. His boss, who had invited us, had name tags printed out for both of us. He accidentally had my husband's name printed on both of them. It had people giving us strange looks at first. His boss said that I should ask for my money back because of the nametag mistake (a joke, since HE is the one who paid for our tickets). So, I crossed off the name on my tag and corrected it.

Diner was really good. A live auction was going on during the meal, but we didn't make any bids. It was fun to see the auctioneer really going at it. All of the old, rich board members who sat at the front of the room were bidding on things clear up into the thousands of dollars. That was pretty neat. All of the money, in both the silent auction and the live auction, go towards the "Chess for Success" foundation.

My husband had to leave a few times during our meal to help out with their networking issues that they were having. He helped set up earlier during he day, and was basically "on-call" for them during the event if they needed help. And they did. I didn't mind, though. I still considered it a date. I think his boss kinda felt sorry for me when I told him that this was the first time we'd been on a date since we'd moved. It really is rather pathetic. I don't have a life.

My husband had me leave early so I could go get the kids. He ended up leaving a few minutes after me, and got on the same train I was on. That worked out nice. So, we got to ride back to the transit center together. We got to my cousin's house close to 10:30. Tyler was asleep, but Jasmine wasn't. I felt bad, cuz their two older kids were still awake with Jasmine. They had lots of fun, though. And Jazz and Ty were well-behaved for them. Whew!

It sure was good to go out with my husband. I hope it's not another 10 months before we go out again! It was a badly needed re-charge.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger Dawnyel said…

    I hope this will let me comment this time! I had such a wonderful comment for you earlier, but it wasn't working...ARGH!!
    I do believe what I was trying to say was that I was glad that you had such a nice time on your date and that you should plan now for your next one so you don't go so far without one. :)
    I do have to admit though that what you did last night sounded "swanky" compared to what we have around here! I'm just glad you had a good time!

     
  • At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I read somewhere that the first thing you should invest time and money into is your marriage. I have a really hard time with that sometimes. It is good to hear about your date together! I need one desperately! I love to hear all about you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home