I Am a Crazy Mom

Thursday, March 09, 2006

It's snowing! We're all gonna die!

I had heard rumors about it before moving here to Oregon. Now I'm actually witnessing it. Oregonians fear the snow! Schools are closed and many public transit bus routes have either been altered or closed this morning. For the past three hours, the only thing on the news has been stuff about the weather. Accidents are happening all over the place. All of this because of what? Well, for about 2-3 inches of snow. Yes, you read correctly.... that's 2-3 INCHES (not feet) of snow. AAAAAH! I took some pretty pictures of our blossoming trees in the snow, and I'll post those pics as soon as we upload them from our digital cam.

I think I'm just gonna sit back and relax inside our warm apartment today. Jasmine, on the other hand, has already bundled up and gone out onto the deck to play. She really loves to play in the snow. This is the only real snow we've seen here all winter, so I had to let her go out. I also took some pictures of her out there, which I will also post at a later date.

Tonight is the night that I go on that date with my hubby. I' m gonna drop the kids off at 5:30, and hopefully I can get to the Governor's Hotel by 6:30. Mapquest.com is like way stupid and needs major updates, so I'm gonna either have to get directions from my hubby, or I'll go the way I know (which is most likely the longest way). I hope my fabulous (not) sense of direction serves me well tonight.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger Dawnyel said…

    Have fun on your "date!" Maybe since it snowed they're gonna cancel it...I hope not, but it's Oregon...it could happen!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home