I Am a Crazy Mom

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Not lookin' forward to tomorrow....

Tomorrow is a day that I have been dreading for almost three weeks now. You see, tomorrow is Sunday, and I have to speak in Sacrament meeting. Speaking in front of people is one thing, if not THE thing, that I have the hardest time doing. I don't know what it is... I just freeze up. I'll just have to make sure I have my talk completely written out tonight. That way, I'll know exactly what I'm gonna say. The talk has to take anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes. I'm guessing that it will be a struggle for me to get it to 10. I have been asked to speak on the first principles and ordinances of the gospel. Well, the first thing that came to mind is the fourth article of faith. So, I think I'll briefly touch on each of the four topics that it covers. The other person speaking is a return missionary, and I really hope that he doesn't have to speak on the same thing. Just to be safe, I hope I go first. I sure hope this goes ok. Heck, in 30 hours from now, I'll be looking back with a huge sigh of relief, maybe even with a chuckle or two, to see how pathetic I actually was beforehand.

Jasmine also gets the opportunity to speak in Primary tomorrow. Her talk shouldn't be very hard to prepare at all. We're talking maybe 2 minutes here. She has to speak about the theme "Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ make promises to me through the prophets." I need to go get that talk written now so I can help her practice it. My husband has to teach the Gospel Essentials class tomorrow, so I don't know if he'll be able to make it to her talk. I sure hope so, since Sunday school gets out at 1:00 and Jasmine's talk is at 1:05. It's just that he teaches on the other side of the church (and the building is HUGE).

My husband is off taking his driver's license test for his Oregon drivers license, so he'll be gone awhile. My hope is to have at least Jasmine's talk written before he gets home. So, I'd better get to it!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Dawnyel said…

    Good luck on writing both talks....I know you'll do just fine! Leave most of the time for the returned missionary...they usually have a lot to talk about! No one will worry about you...just him! :)

     
  • At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    GOOD LUCK Tomorrow! I too HATE to talk in Sacrament meeting. I don't mind talking in front of the RS though...strange huh. I just know you will do GREAT! Is Jazz nervous too?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home