I Am a Crazy Mom

Thursday, March 16, 2006

A few steps closer to fish tanks!

Before we moved out to Oregon, we had a few fish tanks full of fish. We got rid of all the fish, and almost all the equipment (except for the tanks, the stands and canopies, and one lighted hood) when we moved. So, for the past ten months, we've had beautiful empty fish tanks in our apartment. Actually, it looks really tacky. We just never got around to getting all the stuff to get them set up and started again. Well, last week we finally decided that we were sick of looking at fish tanks full of nothing. We ordered some stuff online since it's so much cheaper than going through the pet store. The poor FedEx girl is probably sick to death of delivering stuff to our upstairs apartment. She's been by three times this week already. We now have substrate for both of our tanks, along with heaters and filters. We got a glass canopy and a new lighting system for our 37 gallon tank since we'll be turning it into a salt water tank. I'm really excited about it. It will be my hubby's project, though.... I'll be to afraid to mess with it. I'll be happy to take care of the smaller tank, which will consist of mainly plants and maybe some teeny tiny fishies. He'll probably want to do that one, too though. As long as they look nice, I don't mind if he does all the work! This whole set-up process for each tank is going to take several months (cuz we're gonna make sure we do it right). At least we've finally started it!

Well, we're watching some TV now that we recorded earlier this evening, and I can't find the blasted VCR remote control! So, I have to play "human remote" for now. Goodnight!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:35 AM, Blogger Dawnyel said…

    They need to invent remotes that have the clapper on them to find them easier! I know I've lost my share of remotes in the past, and it's always annoying to be the "human remote." I just have one question for you...why isn't Kelly the human remote??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home