I Am a Crazy Mom

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I miss my husband!

Okay, so I'm going on night number three here now. That's three nights without my husband. I haven't been able to sleep worth squat for the past several nights. Tonight will likely be the same. Last night, I think I finally threw in the towel at 1:45. It's not like I'm doing anything of any importance.... I just can't sleep. Last night, I ended up watching the new Pride and Prejudice movie (LOVED it) and The Importance of Being Earnest (cute flick).

Today was a busy day. I finally got the house all cleaned (minus the laundry--that one's for tomorrow). After that, I chatted online with my hubby for a little while. That was a nice treat. I then woke Tyler up from his short nap so we could make it to the zoo before closing time. We drove the car to the Millikan Way Park and Ride, then hopped on the extremely crowded MAX train that makes a stop right underneath the zoo. The elevator to get up above ground still makes my stomach flop... you go up almost 300 feet in less than 10 seconds. That's like the equivalent of almost 30 stories. Yikes. ANYway, the zoo wasn't very crowded today, since the weather was rather drab. We did walk through most of the exhibits, and I noticed for the first time that this zoo has hippos. I must have walked right past their exhibit several times before, since it's right between the rhinos and the zebras (both of which I had seen before), but I never notived the big ol' hippos.... two of 'em. Jasmine got all excited, calling them Gloria (referring to "Madagascar"). Oh, goody... now she can see Gloria, Melman, and Marty any time she wants! Sorry Alex, the zoo does NOT have any lions. We left the zoo a half hour after the front gates closed, and had an even squishier return ride on the MAX. Boy, it takes some skill navigating inside one of those puppies during the evening rush hour.... standing room only, with barely enough room to breathe. Try doing it with two kids, one being in a stroller! Not easy! Luckily, people are fairly helpful and understanding.

Well, it's 11:30 now, so I think I'll go watch some TV for a while before I turn in for the night. Or maybe I'll start reading that fish book I was supposed to have done before my husband gets home tomorrow night. That'll put me to sleep for sure! I plan on getting a bunch of that book read tomorrow. My husband's flight gets in around 10:30 tomorrow night, and right now, the tentative plan is for me to ride the train to the airport and meet him there. Ooh, boy... won't that be fun, with two tired kids. I may just opt to meet him at a transit station and pick him up from there. That way, the kids can sleep in the car.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am sooo jealous for your zoo! Man, I wanna go to the zoo..but ours doesn't even open for a month or two! How wonderful it would be to hop on the train and be dropped off there any old time! (Even if the train is crowded)!

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Dawnyel said…

    I'm so glad you had fun with the kiddos...but it is different without your other half. Just think...he'll be back in a few hours. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home