I Am a Crazy Mom

Sunday, March 19, 2006

I'm tired, but I can't sleep!

Yawn! I am so tired right now.... but I can't sleep. I miss my hubby! Tyler has been asleep since 8:30, and Jasmine since shortly after 9:00, so it's just me now. I've spent the past couple of hours just doing basically nothing.... surfing the internet and watching Crossing Jordan on NBC. Whoopee! Way exciting, lemme tell ya! I'm gonna try to go to bed when I'm done with this here blog, but I don't know how well I'll sleep. I sure hope my husband is having a fun time in Las Vegas.... he'd better be asleep now (it's an hour later there right now, so that would make it like 12:30). He needs sleep really bad since he's had maybe 10 hours total in the past three nights.

The kids and I rode to the airport on the Red Line MAX with my husband this morning. Jasmine was upstet to see him leave. She is already eagerly awaiting his return on Wednesday night. After we got back, we all crashed for a few hours (we didn't get back in time for church). Sunday just isn't the same without my husband here. I then made a lovely gourmet dinner (tuna casserole and Stovetop stuffing...yum), and my husband called. Aside from getting my husband to the airport, today hasn't been very eventful at all.

Tomorrow, I am going to try to get a little bit more done. On one of the days this week, I'd like to take the kids to the zoo. My husband left his TriMet pass with me, so if we go, it will be public transportation all the way, baby! Not only is it a fun adventure that the kids enjoy, but it would also save on gas. A few weeks ago, the lowest gas prices in the nation were right here in Portland.... they have since gone up. Where we used to be able to get gas for 1.89/gal it is now 2.19. Yay TriMet! The MAX stops in an underground tunnel that's right by the zoo, so it's rather convenient. I don't think that we will be going tomorrow, though, cuz it's supposed to rain. The odd thing is, today was the last "official" day of winter, and the weather was beautiful and sunny and warm. Tomorrow, the first day spring, is supposed to be cold and rainy. Hmm.

Well, Ty is fussing, so I'd better go take care of him before he wakes up Jazz. Goodnight!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Dawnyel said…

    Try having snow for the first day of spring! I'd much rather have rain!
    I hope your kids keep you entertained enough that you don't worry too much about your hubby! Kids will do that for you!

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I too hate being without my hubby...I just don't sleep as well....I dunno why...it must be one of those things we inherit at the marriage ceramony. You know the sealer finishes the ceremony and before he asks the big question he slips in an ... "and never sleep well without the other"...before you can answer yes"! Althogh I bet that if you had to go to bed a lot without him it wouldn't be as hard. But that isn't fun either!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home