I Am a Crazy Mom

Saturday, March 11, 2006

It's official! I'm now an Oregonian!

I did it! This morning, I finally bit the bullet and took the drivers' knowledge test to get my Oregon driver's license. I've lived here for almost ten months now, so it's about freakin' time! Actually, I tried to go about a month ago, but it was during a week day and I had Tyler with me (Jazz was at school). They told me that you're not allowed to bring kids in with you to take tests. So, I had to wait till a Saturday to take it, so my hubby could watch the kids. There are very few DMV's in the area that are open on Saturday, so I had to drive out to Sherwood to take the test. I got there about ten minutes before it opened, but there was already a line of at least 30 people waiting outside the building.

I had heard from numerous sources how hard the test was. Many people I've spoken with had to take it multiple times. So, I was all preparing myself for something totally brain-wrenching. I woke up at 5:30 this morning, this SATURDAY morning, to read through the manual and study. I was more than a little shocked when I went in to take the test. Talk about EASY. I zipped right through that thing, and it took me all of maybe 5 minutes. I went back and double-checked all my answers, then turned it in. I passed it on the first try! Whoopee! Now, when I have to show people my ID, they won't think I'm just visiting. I used to always get strange looks, along with comments like "Idaho, huh? What are you doing out here?" Not any more!

Well, I now must go. Jasmine hasa Primary party to go to (celebrating its 127th birthday). Tyler gets to stay home with Daddy, so this should be fun.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger Dawnyel said…

    You may look like an Oregonian on the outside, but you will ALWAYS be an Idahoan on the inside, no matter how hard you try to get away from it...it's always there...lurking. Waiting for the perfect time to show your TRUE roots! MWAHAHAHA

     
  • At 4:01 PM, Blogger Mattsmom said…

    Good for you...Oregon is a good place...but I sure hope you will never forget your Idaho roots...wait...what am I saying...you NEVER forget ANYTHING!!!!!!! I am definately not worried about that!
    I just hope you someday make the trek here for a visit! I am loving the blog, and pics...but I hope for the real thing sooner than later!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home