I Am a Crazy Mom

Friday, February 24, 2006

Jiffy Lube is sounding pretty good about now!

I had a busy day today. It started with me taking my husband to work, since he slept in! He had an 8:30 meeting, and public transportation, althoughg it's awesome, isn't exactly speedy. So, we drove into Portland to drop him off. Jasmine then had a 10:00 appointment with some therapists at the elementary school she will be attending this fall. She was there for 3 1/2 hrs! I dropped her off and came back home so Tyler could have a nap and I could make some stew. Well, at 12:00, I got a call from the lady at the school that Jasmine was with. She asked if she could get Jasmine some lunch. Boy, I'm sure glad she did, cuz Jazz would have been starving if she had to go the whole time without food. They went and got lunch when everyone else was having it, and they called it a "lunch party." Jasmine did a good job with the testing. After I picked her up, we went straight over to the GM Goodwrench at the auto dealership to get the oil changed. I asked them if they could please vacuum the interior and wash the outside of the car. So, we waited and waited and waited and waited and waited. ALMOST 2 HOURS LATER, the car was ready to go! What ever happened to 15 minute oil changed? The kids were at their wits end before we left, since Tyler hadn't had lunch, and Jasmine was bored. I turned on the TV in the waiting room for the last half hour or so, which seemed to help a little. ANYway, I took the car there cuz I had some quesitons about our extended warranty (and only GM Goodwrench places can fix the car if we want the warranty to cover repairs). Plus, when we got the car almost four years ago, they recommended we take it to authorized GM dealerships to get the oil changed. We have always done that, and we probably will continue to do so. I just wish they didn't take so dang long! Man, Jiffy Lube, or even Grease Monkey, is sounding good about now.

After running to the bread store and gassing up the car, it was about 5:00 when we got home. I opened our front door to encounter the welcoming aroma of homemade vegetable beef stew. I'm pooped, so I'm really grateful I put in the effort earlier today to make dinner. So, I think I'll go dish up some stew for me and the kids. My husband is still at work now, so he'll just have to wait till later to enjoy dinner.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger Dawnyel said…

    Does it still negate your warranty if you go to Jiffy Lube? I thought there were places that you could go to and not lose your warranty. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it's a scam the car dealerships have going on....You should check it out! :)

     
  • At 4:43 PM, Blogger Mattsmom said…

    haha,,,Dawnyel is right... i think dealerships do have a scam going on.. but...if the car is warrantied...hang onto that one baby!
    None of our vehicles are warrantied! So we do most of the repairs ourselves (it sure is nice to have a Dad who works at a mechanic shop, and is handy with repairs)! We get our parts for cost, and no labor!
    Days like yours are hard on the kids... and I hope you have an easier day!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home