I Am a Crazy Mom

Monday, March 13, 2006

I'm ridin' on a couch train down memory lane!

While I was chatting with my friend Dawnyel on Yahoo! IM this morning, she told me that she and her hubby had purchased a new couch set. This is so totally awesome for her, cuz she really needs and deserves a new couch set. Later on during the day, I was remembering our conversation, when... much to my delight and her undoubtedly-will-be-dismay, one of our childhood memories popped back into my head.

In all of our years of girls' camp growing up, I shared a tent with many different girls. There were usually three or four of us per tent. The one tent-mate that was always the same, year after year, was Dawnyel. Therefore, I have lots of camp memories with her in them. Now, most of those memories are locked away in a dusty chest somewhere in the back of my brain, but a few manage to get out once in a while (implying that I DON'T remember everything, contrary to what some people think). The childhood memory that came back to me today was the usual, me-bugging-Dawnyel type of memory. We were in our tent in the middle of the day, just resting a little in our down-time. Well, Dawnyel was trying to rest. I wasn't helping much. I'd let her drift into that comfy, fuzzy state of sleep where your mind begins to wander into dreamland. Then I'd wake her up and ask her what she was dreaming about. I did this several times, and she kept giving me bizarre answers. I thought this was hilarious, which was why I kept doing it. Of all the answers she gave, I only remember one (bummer, I know.... ) she dreamt that she was riding on a couch train. Like, what in the heck is a "couch train" supposed to be? I'm guessing that it's just a train that has couches instead of box cars. We both thought that one was pretty funny. And who knows! Maybe she wouldn't have remembered it if I hadn't woke her up. Hmmm......

Well, now that she's getting a new couch set, maybe she can form her own couch train! She has two old couches now, but it takes more than two to make a train, so those won't work. There are 3 pieces in her new set. Three would make a nice train.

It feels very late right now, even though it's only 11:14. I can't stay up late very easily anymore. Being a mom poops me out. Being tired has largely contributed to this blog entry. YAWN! Goodnight!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger Mattsmom said…

    you are soooo funny! I sure hope that you don't remember everything...cause that might cause a brain overload! It just seems like you remember WAY more about people than others seem to remember! I sure don't remember stuff from that far back!
    I do remember how my stupid appendix abandoned you in my time of need! Fun for you to go to camp with NO ONE that you knew! Sorry!

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger Dawnyel said…

    HA HA...very funny! Actually, I remember that one VERY well. It was at night when I had that dream. The couch train was a lot of white couches hooked together going very near to a steep drop-off. The couches all had purple pillows on them...of varrying hues. It was one of my memorable dreams....thanks to your bugging me! I was telling my mom about that dream just last week! Funny how I remember that one well too! AMAZING!
    Choo-choo...join the couch train!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home