I Am a Crazy Mom

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

about yesterday...

Well, yesterday was a fun day. I was expecting to watch my cousins kids for several hours last night at their house, and Jasmine was excited about that. I wasn't sure if they would need me (calling me was more like a back-up plan), but I prepared for it anyway. Around 3:00 or so, their dad called me and said that they WOULD need me to pick up the kids, but that he and his wife forgot to give the kids a key to their house. So, I suggested I bring them over to my house, since we live only lke 8 miles away. They were very relieved and grateful. ANYway, this gave me a great excuse to clean up my apartment. It was kinda messy. After cleaning, I had to run to Kmart to get some garbage bags, then I went to Papa Murphy's to pick up a pizza. I didn't know what the kids would eat, so I got a half-pepperoni, half-Hawaiian with some root beer. You can't go wrong with that! I was afraid traffic was going to be bad, so I just went straight form Papa Murphy's to the school to pick up the kids (they have after-school care till 6:00). I got there earlier than I expected, but that's ok. We drove back to my apartment and I cooked up the pizza for them. Meanwhile, they played with toys in Jazz and Ty's bedroom. During dinner, I got a phone call from their parents saying that they were on their way back, and they needed directions to my house. Jasmine was not happy about this. She wanted them to stay longer. They wanted to stay the night. However, since it was a TUESDAY night, I had to say no. Although JAsmine doesn't have school today, they do. Well, their parents got here shortly after 7:00. (I was expecting to have the kids till 9:00 or 10:00.) They stayed for a while to chat, then it was time to go. Again, Jasmine wasn't happy. I had to keep reassuring her that she would get to see her cousins again in 16 days when she and Tyler would go to their house to be babysat. We had lots of fun, even though it wasn't for very long.

After they left, I went to pick up my hubby at the MAX (light-rail train) station from work. I had to keep singing to the kids to make them happy while we waited in the car. Jasmine counted to 100, then I helped her count down from 20 to 0. After a few animal noises and ABC songs, their daddy finally arrived. Man, it can be tricky to keep a few kids happy while sitting in a car.

Well, it is now 1:00, and I am still in my pajamas. I know, I'm a loser! Wow! Ty just took three steps! He is so close to walking! He has taken up to 6 steps by himself, only to plop to the floor and go right back to crawling! It's so cute! ANYway, I'm still in my pj's because I have had a rough night EVERY night for the past two weeks with Tyler. He just cut a tooth (his 8th), and he hasn't been eating much during the day... this leaves him waking up every few hours at night because he's hungry! A little bit of milk will put him right back to sleep. Last night, he only woke up twice, (he usually wakes up 3-4 times) but then he-- and Jasmine-- both woke up at 5:45 this morning for good! I ended up falling asleep on the couch while Ty was taking his morning nap and Jasmine was watching Tom and Jerry. I then woke up to see that Dawnyel was logged onto Yahoo IM, so I chatted with her for a while while watching stupid Strongbad emails from the Homestarrunner website! Whoopdeedoo! I've had an eventful morning... NOT.

Now that I have done my duty and entered this blog, I've gotta go see what is making Ty so upset. Have a swell day, everybody!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger Dawnyel said…

    So chatting with me makes you a loser? Fine!! Be that way, maybe I won't chat with you! Then you won't be a loser. I'm kidding. Boy, your kids keep you on your toes, don't they? I'm so not even jealous of you! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home