I Am a Crazy Mom

Monday, February 20, 2006

I finally started a blog! So, there!

Well, due to the pestering of a few friends of mine, and my mild curiosity of what it would be like, I have finally started a blog. I don't know how long I will keep up with it, or to what extent I will be adding entries, but it's here. I got sick of trying to find a url, since like 99% of what I came up with was NOT AVAILABLE, so I just cheated and stole Dawnyel's url... of course, I modified it a bit. You see, I am the one that gave HER the idea for it in the first place. So, in reality, I didn't steal her idea. I'm just using something of my own that I so graciously gave to someone else. She already explained where the RubbaUndies came from (refer to her first blog at rubbaundiesluva.blogspot.com). I am the other person that was in the leg of the rubba undies right along side her, hence, "theUTHArubbaundiesluva." Not too creative, I know, but it works. And after trying about half a dozen other urls that came up as unavailable, I knew for darn sure that I'd have no problem getting this one.

To share a little bit about myself (without geting TOO personal), I am a stay-at-home mom of two children. I have a five-year-old little girl named Jasmine and an almost-14-month-old son named Tyler. My husband is a software developer in the lovely city of Portland, Oregon. We have lived here for about nine months now, and I love it. The only thing that I find difficult here is that I haven't really made any new friends. My husband and I, in making this move (from SE Idaho) have left our immediate families behind. I am lucky that I have some cousins who live near by. A little further down the road, like 60 miles away, I have some aunts and uncles, along with a grandpa. In fact, just tonight, I arranged to swap babysitting with one of my cousins. On March 9, almost 10 months after our move to the Portland metro area, we will embark on our FIRST date since our move, while my cousin and her hubby watch our kids. Wow.... it's only two and a half weeks away. I can hardly wait!

To fill the void in my social life, I have been Instant Messaging a few of my friends from back in Idaho. This isn't something we just "occasionally" do.... it's practically a daily thing now. We've been doing lots of catching up and having lots of fun. They're both married and moms as well, so we have lots to chat about. They are the ones who "influenced" my decision to start this blog. In fact, I'd better let them know about this so I will not continue to be harrassed. :)

Well, Jasmine has just finished attempting a Windsor Pilates circle workout on DVD. Keep in mind....she's 5! She just HAD to exercise since her daddy just went up to the fitness center up at the main office of our apartment complex. Now that she is done with that (she did the whole 20 minute workout), I must get her ready for bed. So, goodnight for now.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger Dawnyel said…

    It's about freakin' time...but just wait. You too will become addicted to it. I don't know why we didn't start this earlier. I will be a regular reader...keep me interested in your life! :)

     
  • At 8:22 PM, Blogger Mattsmom said…

    You see Carebearmommy... we would have never heard of Jasmines new excercise program had you not opened a blog! I guess it is good to get her on it early...but... doesn't it seem a tiny bit advanced for a five year old! :)
    You can share plenty about you life here... that would ake forever to IM us about!
    PLUS... now your family in ID can have the pleasure of reading and sharing about daily activities!
    And... just so ya know...Edens mom is having a baby at 8:00 Am TOMORROW! And I am WAY excited for her!
    And...I hope you get as addicted to this fun as we are!
    Mattsmom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home