I Am a Crazy Mom

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Te Pro's and Con's of Insurance!

Health insurance is a great thing. It's a magnificent, marvelous, stupendously awesome. Except, of course, when it isn't. Like today. Today, I wanted to scream and rant at it. You see, I didn't realize, until today, that my lovely health insurance had a 12 month waiting period for all pregnancy-related matters. Um, I've only been on the insurance for 5 months now. Woops. And even if I add the credit I get for being on Oregon Health Plan from June 2nd till Dec 1 of last year, it only adds up to a little over 11 months. I can't get any medical care for my pregnancy until June. That means that I had to reschedule the labwork I was gonna have done today, the ultrasound I was gonna have on Friday morning, and Dr. appointment I was gonna have next Tuesday. I'm sooooo glad that the class appointment I went to today was a free class. FREE! I found out all this other information AFTER that class, right after I got the ultrasound and labwork scheduled for this week. This sucks. I was really looking forward to getting that ultrasound and knowing that everything would be okay. I'm just thankful that I found out all of this information beforehand... it would have been awful had I not realized till after the fact. Whew. So, as much as it sucks, it really IS a blessing that I found out when I did. So, what's another three weeks? Everything's been basically pushed back for three weeks. That's okay. I'll survive. I have a feeling that everything's going to be alright with this baby, so I'm not too worried. Meanwhile, though, I'll be darn impatient. And I'm still glad I have insurance, cuz there's NO way I'd be able to afford having a baby if I wasn't covered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home