I Am a Crazy Mom

Monday, May 08, 2006

I'm Pregnant!

So right now, I'm just posting this entry as a draft. I really don't want people to know, just yet, what it is that I'm gonna be writing about. You see, as of tomorrow, I will be 8 weeks pregnant. The only people that know this right now are: me, my hubby, my Relief Society president (because I asked her for a doc's recommendation since she's a lactation consultant), my visiting teaching partner, and one of my visiting teachers... oh, and the scheduling people at the dr's ofice. My visiting teacher will be watching the kids for me in the morning so I can attend my first dr. appointment. Actually, it's an appointment with a nurse, and it's going to be in a group with like 5 pregnant ladies. We have to submit our paper work, get the whole rundown, plus get our welcome-to-pregnancy gift packs. Although this is a free appointment, it is required that I attend one before seeing the doc for the first time. I'll go in to see the actual doctor on next Tuesday. I've basically resigned myself to the fact that I'll be taking my kids to all of my other apointments with me. That way, I won't have to fight the whole babysitter thing. I'd take them with me tomorrow, but they specifically asked that no kids or hubby come with me to this first appointment. Probably since there'll be like 4 other women in the room. Anyway, I got some neat suggestions from people on ivillage as to what I can do to to make the whole bringing-kids-with-me experience easier and more pleasant on everyone.

I am feeling pretty nauseous today. I've thrown up a few times in the past week, and today was no exception. I am so dang tired, and I have been ever since shortly before I found out I was pregnant. I've been taking prenatal vitamins for the past two months or so, but still don't think I'm getting enough iron. I had pretty bad anemia when I was pregnant with both Jazz and Ty, so I don't expect this time to be any different. I took an iron supplelment for a little while, but MAN, that caused constipation! So, I'll just hold off on it and talk to the doc... see what he thinks.

The reason I haven't told anyone yet is because of my past problems in this department. When I got preggo with Jasmine, that was my first pregnancy. I had no difficulties getting pregnant, and no complications during the pregnancy. When she was a year old, we decided to try for another baby. Well, two and a half years of disapointment and heartbreak followed. During that space of time, I had five miscarriages. I got sick of telling people I was pregnant, only to have it backfire on me. I know that people meant well, but I got sick of their comments and questions. I finally found myself in the hospital getting a surgical procedure called a laporoscopy done. The purpose of which was to try to find out what was wrong..... endometriosis was suspected. Fortunately, it turned out that the only problem they could find was a severly prolapsed uterus. They pulled it up and tied it back into its proper place. Less than five months later, I got pregnant with Ty. I didn't tell my family I was pregnant with him until I was 16 1/2 weeks along. Less than a week later, I found out it was a boy.... and that's when I told my friends.

Concealing it this time around, at least from family and friends back in Idaho, will be pretty easy, simply because I live over 700 miles away. The next time I see my parents or siblings will be in July when they come out here for a family reunion. Almost the whole side of my mom's family lives here in Oregon, and they're the ones throwing the reunion. It'll be lots of fun, and I'm greatly looking forward to it. I don't know how I'm going to tell them, yet, but we think we're gonna make them try to figure it out on their own. I'll be about 19 weeks along by then, so there's a pretty good chance they'll notice something. :)

I need to get dinner for the kids. I still feel like crud. I have all day. In fact, when I woke up this morning, I just knew today was gonna be a rough day. BLEH! I think I'm just gonna make toasted cheese sandwiches with tomato soup. There's some gourmet cooking for ya! I really don't care, though. And hubby had better just deal with it. I'm in no mood to do any fancy schmancy meal tonight. And I'm pooped.

I think I'll post this in about two or three months. Maybe I'll just link to this entry when I finally decide it's time to tell people. Who knows! Till then, it's getting safed as a draft! G'bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home