I Am a Crazy Mom

Thursday, April 27, 2006

A Trip to the Dentist!

After much excitement and anticipation leading up to the event (and one rescheduling because she was sick), Jasmine was finally able to go to the dentist today to get her teeth cleaned. This was only the second time she had ever been to the dentist. Well, she was a very good girl and did everything that the higienist asked her to do. In this picture, she is taking her fluoride treatment. She chose strawberry flavor. I'm surprised she didn't try eating it. She really loved that sucky thingy that they put in her mouth to slurp up all fluoride and slobber. Oh, what fun!

She gets to go back next Thursday to get two teeny cavities taken care of. I sure hope that her enthusiasm for visiting the dentist doesn't diminish after that visit. I'll just sit with her and ask her to be a brave little girl. Her teeth are really close together (the cavities are down between the teeth), and the dentist also addressed the issue of probable overcrowding when her permanent teeth come in. Oh, boy... it looks like she'll be needing orthadontia work when she's older. What kid doesn't, though!? Her daddy and I both had to wear braces, and I had several teeth pulled because of overcrowding. I guess it runs in the family, eh?

It is now lunch time, and Ty is grumpier than grumpy. He hasn't had his nap yet due the trip to the dentist this morning. I just keep telling myself, "Today is going to be a good day." I need my nap, too. Then, maybe it WILL turn out to be a good day. :)

3 Comments:

  • At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh what fun...enjoy your last week of Jazz believing that the dentist is fun! After those shote she will know the truth...Dentists are evil and sadistic people! At least that is was I believed until I REALLY cared about my teeth!

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger Dawnyel said…

    Ah...the joys of dentists. I'm glad that Jazz was such a good girl! I LOVE the glasses she's wearing, BTW...
    Oh, you should put up a braces pic of you on here....memories....
    Did you get your nap?? I didn't...and now I'm suffering the consequences! Bleh!

     
  • At 10:10 PM, Blogger Dawnyel said…

    Hey...have a fun weekend....I'll miss reading a new blog from you until you return! :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home