I Am a Crazy Mom

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Queen of the Twerps!

Sometimes, I feel like I'm the queen of Twerpdom... with Jasmine and Tyler as being the loyal subjects. Like right now, for instance. I'm trying to put them to bed at the same time. Bad idea. Usually I put Ty to bed first, then Jazz... it's just easier that way. Tonight, though, I put Ty to bed a wee bit too early (he was really grouchy). Like an hour later, he woke up. So now, he won't go back to sleep. But it's already 9:19, and Jasmine has school tomorrow morning, so she NEEDS to go to bed. Tyler is banging on the wall and trying to grab anything he can reach from his bed. Jasmine keeps asking what Ty is doing. And of course, she's giggling, causing him to giggle. And the cycle goes round and round again. THIS IS WHY PUTTING THEM TO BED AT THE SAME TIME DOES NOT WORK! It takes forever for them to fall asleep, cuz their "twerpness" is keeping each other to wake. (*SQUEAL* Shh Ty!)

Meanwhile, I'm sitting in my chair in their bedroom, in the dark.... to police things. This is a habit I hope to break soon. However, if it gets Jasmine to fall asleep (*babble babble* SHHH TY!) in her own bed rather than to crawl into bed with us, then I'm all for it. For the longest time, she would never fall asleep in her own bed. This went on for years.... while I was working late nights. Or, if she DID go to sleep in her own bed, she would wake up and come into our bedroom. She still wakes up once in a while and comes into our bedroom (like last night), but not very often. Usually it's because of a bad dream, or, like last night, because Ty woke her up. I just usher her back to her own bed and sit in my chair for a few minutes until she's asleep again. Last night, Ty was a little TWERP. He kept crying if he heard me leave the room. (I finally succeeded in sneaking out, but his crying woke up Jasmine, so she crawled out of bed, causing Ty's (*doo doo doo YAWN * SHHH TY!) crying to start up once again. Occasionally, I have to drag our big ol' beanbag into their bedroom and fall asleep on it. I did that at about 2:15 this morning, after being up with Ty -and then Jasmine- for almost an hour! Yup, they're twerps alright. And, sharing a bedroom just brings it out in them more, I suppose. (*Ga ga ya ya* SHH TY!)

2 Comments:

  • At 9:44 PM, Blogger Dawnyel said…

    All hail mommy!! :D It's SOOOO hard to get your kiddos in a good bedtime habit, but I can say I don't have that problem....ANY MORE!! Sorry about your twerps! Hopefully they'll grow out of it...someday! (we can dream!)

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Soundws like a fun ritual you are dealing with!... Wait...NO...doen NOT sound too fun! Yea that's what I meant to say! Matthew is a twerp too...but not so much at bed time! He is two...and he acts his age! Every waking moment he is either getting his way...or whining to get it! It is so hard to teach kids about sharing, and appropriate times for certain things...liek at chursh it is not the right time for us to go outside...it is not appropriate to try to escape out of the emergency exit in the chappel during sacrement! Wait...that was a different kid...but I am sure it is only a matter of time before Matthew attempts that escape! I hope they will grow out of it soon....otherwise I feel like I am in for a longer haul than I previously expected!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home