I Am a Crazy Mom

Monday, April 10, 2006

A Never Ending Story about Private Parts

Okay, so my daughter just got home from school and wanted me to put in a movie for her since she can't go into her bedroom (Ty is sleeping). The movie she picked is Never Ending Story. This is a cute movie, and I don't mind her watching it. However, There's one part that can be, um, rather embarrassing. It's that part with the two big ol' honkin' statues that are nude from the waste up. Ya know, the statues that shoot out lazer beams from their eyes. ANYway, every time Jasmine sees that, she says something to the effect of "Cover up your private parts!" or "It's Mommy boobs!" And of course, she had to make that latter comment while she was watching the movie when my husband's friend stopped by our apartment to pick something up. He was there just at the wrong time when the statues showed up in the movie. He heard what she said, and couldn't believe his ears. He actually asked if he had heard her correctly. Unfortunately, he did. Oh, what a crazy memory.

Just now, when I put in the movie, she made the expected comment about not showing her private parts. Silly little girl. I just hope she doesn't watch this movie with any of her friends for a long time. I'm sure she'd be raising some eyebrows with her comments. However, it is good that she realized that the statues are naked, and that they should be covered up. I suppose that I'm also grateful that she doesn't say something like "Daddy boobs." At least she's got the gender right!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger Dawnyel said…

    Does Daddy's boobs look like that?? Just to get a rise out of him I guess! HAHAHA!! I'm glad she does realize that nudity isn't appropriate! I know of some kids who think it's natural! So be glad she's a bit of a prude...at such a young age!

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Does hr Daddy have boobs??? What a cutie! Good thing she knows right from nude! She will probably be stronger because of it! great story!

     
  • At 10:41 PM, Blogger CareBearMommy said…

    No, Jasmine's Daddy doesn't have boobs.... but I wish she would say "Daddy Boobs" just to embarrass him. It seems like I'm always the one getting embarrassed!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home