I Am a Crazy Mom

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Ugh... a PUG!

Well, first things first, lemme explain the Settlers of Catan game that we were playing. It involves a hexagonal layout with wheat, sheep, ore, wood, and clay. You build cities and settlements with these resources... it's really a fun game. (If this is the SAME Settlers that my friends love, than that's AWESOME!). We have almost all of the games.... Settlers of Catan, Seafarers of Catan, Cities and Knights of Catan, and all their expansions, plus the 2-person card game. My husband is pretty much addicted to the game. The computer game we were playing was downloaded from a website. My husband and I each have it on our laptops, and with our wireless DSL connection, we have all three of our computers connected on the same "network." That's how we were able to play the game together.

ANYhoo... on to other news. Looking at the title of my blog, some may wonder why in the heck I mentioned a pug in it. Well, here's the full story...

Over the weekend, I finally convinced my husband that we should get a dog. Jasmine really wanted one, and so did I. After talking to the managers, we found out that the pet deposit wouldn't be nearly as big as I thought. Instead of paying like $470, we'd only have to pay $140 if we got a dog that was over a year old and already housebroken. Well, after looking in the classifieds, I found something that I thought would be perfect... a three year old pug named Tony that was housebroken and neutered. So, the kids and I took a drive up to Ridgefield Washington (about 30 miles away) to check it out. He was really hyper at first, but started settling down after we were there for a while. He knocked Tyler down a couple of times, which wasn't good... but Jasmine really wanted him. I really wanted to see how he'd interract with the kids in our own home, settled down and all, so I agreed to pay for him if I could get a written receipt saying that I could bring him back for a full refund within a few days if it didn't work out with the kids. Ha! A few days! We didn't even make it through a full 24 hours!

Jasmine really warmed up to him. She actually sat by him and pet him. She even walked him on his leash. Went out to the park because she wanted to fly her kite. I ended up flying it so she could walk Tony. She grew a quick attatchment to that little guy. She had to tell everyone she saw that she had a pugdog named Tony. Tyler, on the other hand, did not. He was deathly afraid of him. Every time the dog walked past him or licked him, Ty would scream. Tony never HURT Ty.... he was a very friendly dog (perhaps too friendly)... he just showered him with kisses from his little pink tongue. After a very stressful day yesterday, and an even more more hectic morning, we decided that this was only going to get worse. So, with two crying children (Ty crying because of the dog, Jazz crying because she didn't want to get rid of it), we set off to take him back. We were also able to get our full pet deposit back. They hadn't even taken the check to the bank yet, so the lady at the office just gave me back that very same check. Now, all I have to do is take the dog kennel, leash, and harness back to Petsmart so I won't be out TOO much money. I feel so stupid about this whole ordeal. But now, at least I know that we ABSOLUTELY CANNOT get a dog with Ty as young as he is. That also translates to, we ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT get another dog while we are living here.

That's my story of the day. UGH!

3 Comments:

  • At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAHAHAHAHA I am soooo glad you decided to get a dog! What a great story...now ya know huh? Matthew is still deathly affraid of dogs too (Ripley was the ONLY doggy that Matthew liked up close). Poor Jazz! Just when she was geting attached! Maybe you will have to go the the pet store to let her hold a pet every now and again!
    And yes...settlers IS the MOST awesome game ever! I didn't know there was a card game or a computer game though! I want it! Did you have to pay for it?

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger Dawnyel said…

    Sorry about the dog thing! Just know that keeping happy kids is not always possible! I hope Jazz gets over it soon!

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger Melzie said…

    LOL. Well... it could have been much worse. At least you know what to expect later on, right-- and you got your money back-- that is awesome! :) My son has a love/hate relationship with Junior, our year old black lab we got a couple months ago... When he loves him he REALLY loves him, when he doesn't...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home