I Am a Crazy Mom

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Visiting Teaching + Jasmine + Tyler = DISASTER!!!

I just got back from visiting teaching about fifteen minutes ago. Talk about a total disaster!! We went to two different ladies' houses. Jasmine behaved fairly well at the first house, although she was a bit whiny. The people that live there have a cat. As soon as we came into the house, the cat ran away and hid. The whole time, Jasmine was whining about how she wanted to find the cat. The lady put on The Incredibles for the kids to watch, and that worked for a while. Then Tyler wanted to go wander into the BEDROOMS! AAAH! When I grabbed him and didn't let him go exploring, he threw a fit! Luckily, we were able to talk about the lesson for a few minutes before things got out of hand. The next house wasn't any better. In fact, it was like a hundred times worse. Well, let me rephrase that... the house was very nice, the lady was very nice, but MY TWO KIDS WERE HORRIBLE! It was one of those houses where there's tons of ornaments and nicknacks everywhere, so I didn't dare let Tyler down to wander. They had a little girl a few years older than Jasmine, who was kind to let Jazz go play with her in her bedroom. Tyler was fussy at first, but kept getting more and more upset since I wouldn't let him down to play and get into things. By the time the lady had to go answer the phone, he was screaming his head off. So, we gave like a 30 second lesson and headed out the door. Of course, Jasmine didn't want to leave. She was having too much fun playing with the other little girl. So, what did she do when it was time to go? She basically threw a tantrum. So, there I was, whisking my two screaming children out the door, feeling like a total idiot. I have decided that today's adventure will be my last attempt at visiting teaching with Tyler... and only on selective occasions will I take Jasmine. They invited Jasmine to come back and play next time I come visiting teaching, so I may let her come along if we have a little talk about not crying when it's time to leave. But, as far as Tyler is concerned, HECK NO! If this means waiting till Saturdays to do it (so my hubby can watch the kids, or at least Ty), then so be it. It was a very stressful few hours, and I really don't want or need that stress right now. I felt really bad for the ladies we were visiting, too. I just cringe when I think about the whole experience.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:32 PM, Blogger Dawnyel said…

    I'm so sorry....but inside I'm busting a gut! My kid isn't the only terror child when it comes to visiting teaching!! YAY!! Yeah, I don't take Cam with me anymore...because he JUST WON'T LISTEN!! I can't even imagine that times two! Poor mommy! You need a nap...hand over Ty and Jazz to dad and NAP AWAY! (And tell him I'll send the mask immediately!)

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    I feel your pain!!! Visiting teaching has been much simpler since my kids are older and the 3 oldest are in school. There is a sweet sister in our ward that used to watch my kids for me while I was visiting teaching when they were younger. This made it sooooo much nicer.

     
  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger Melzie said…

    I've never been in your shoes... so no words to say. But, write a note to the ladies and say so sorry. (Did your partner not try to help you out?? Oh I hope she did!) I'd invite you over for brownies & homemade ice cream.. but by the time you got here they'd be gone. Don't fret- most ladies have been in your place and can so get it. :)

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Poor woman! I have been there...well...divided in half...but none the less...it is TORTURE! Especially in the houses that are imaculate!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home