I Am a Crazy Mom

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Hum, ho, blah, blah...

The past several days have been rather blah. I think I've had an icky stomach thingy, because for several days there, I spent a large portion of my time in the bathroom. Or, maybe it's just my pregnant body doing funky stuff to my digestive track. (I think it's gone now... whew.) I know, that's probably TMI, but dang it all! I had to miss church because of it on Sunday! That really ticked me off. Luckily, I was able to find someone to take my place at the piano in Primary. That's often not an easy thing to do at the last minute. At least it wasn't some big busy holiday weekend where half the ward is out of town (and I'm unable to find someone to sub for me). Right after my hubby came home from his meetings to pick up Jasmine, I put Ty down for a nap and I zonked out as well. I slept until about ten minutes before they got home. Wow, a three hour nap. My stomach still hurt, but I got some badly needed rest in.

Yesterday, I did the unthinkable. I actually.... CLEANED! I cleaned the kitchen, did a bunch of laundry, swept and mopped, and hauled a bunch of stuff down to the garage. In fact, I overdid it. I was so freakin' sore by the time I was done, that I could barely move. I had a very difficult time sleeping last night because of it. Other than doing the dishes and taking care of the kids today, I have pretty much done squat. I may get around to doing a teeny bit of laundry if I feel up to it. I'll have to figure out something pretty simple for dinner, but that shouldn't be too difficult. I am just very grateful that this pregnancy isn't gonna last forever. I HATE barely being able to walk! It's like being saddle sore, or having ridden on a bicycle with NO seat cushion, every day. Grr.

This morning, I attempted to duplicate my own version of that Frappuccino Creme drink that I got at Starbuck's the other day. I ATTEMPTED, and BOMBED! Oh, poo! I guess I'll just have to go back if I want another one. I just gave them a call, and for $3.20, I can buy another cup of happiness. That is for a small. A medium is like $3.70, and a large, $4.70. Pricey, but not as bad as I thought it would be. I think I can afford to get one like once a month or so. I'm sure glad I don't drink coffee... people who DO must spend a TON of money on that stuff to feed their addiction.

Now, I need to go find one of Jasmine's Littlest Petshop toys that Tyler as been accused of taking. The other day, he dropped one of her toys down the A/C vent. That wasn't a pretty picture. After attempting to take the thing apart to remove the dearly loved toy that's probably worth a whole 2 cents, Daddy tipped the unit on its side and the toy rolled right out. I just hope Ty didn't do something disasterous to this toy. I'd better go rescue it.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger Melzie said…

    Aww-- bummer on your bombing.. did you make like a shake or something? Maybe you should watch closer when they do it!

    Sounds like a super productive day-- yay! :)

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger Dawnyel said…

    Too bad you spent all of that money for something that didn't work...oh, well...I guess you can always eat the remainder when you're up for a chocolate fix! :)
    I hope your resting day went well! If I know Ty like I THINK I do, you didn't get too much of a rest, but I'm sure it was well worth the effort!!
    And thanks for posting again...not like falling off the earth!! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home