I Am a Crazy Mom

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Update on my Car

Things seem to be going well with the whole car situation. Yesterday, I met Chris at the autobody place where we waited for James, the guy we spoke with the day before. I made sure it was understood that Chris, not me, will be paying for the repairs. James is absolutely confident in Chris, saying that he's a trustworthy person and customer, and he expects Chris to pay. ANYhoo... a guy from Hertz car rental came and picked me up, and Chris followed us over to the rental place. I had to pay for the rental car with my own bank card, since I'm the one driving it. Chris then gave me an $80.00 check, which I deposited (and it's been cleared) into my bank immediately following.

I have immediately decided that I don't like Hertz! First of all, the car that they gave me was completely filthy! Grr! It's a cool car and all (an '06 Chevy Cobalt) with a sun roof, etc, but there's bug splats all over the freakin' windshield and NO windshield washer fluid. When I went in there this morning to cancel the insurance (so I'd only have to pay for ONE day, at 18.95/day), I complained about the filthy state of the car. They gave me a free car wash card. But, since I'm not going to be driving the rental car again, except to return it, I'm just gonna keep the card to use on MY car. Plus, I don't think I should have to take more time out of my schedule to clean the car that THEY were supposed to clean before I got it. They should have cleaned it right then and there for me. Car washes run about 8 bucks around here, so that card will be appreciated the next time we need to get OUR car washed. Next, they charged my card a whole bunch extra, (which is just being held aside at the bank, not actually witherawn) and I'm on the phone with them right now trying to figure out what in the heck they did. I know that they have to charge extra up front, to make sure you have money in your account to cover it, and that you are who you say you are (then you get it back after returning the car, etc...), but this is ridiculous! The dude I just talked to couldn't understand why they charged me an extra $100 today, but he pretty much guaranteed that it would be put back on my card, along with the original $149 that I already knew about, by midnight tomorrow night (as long as I return the car tomorrow). I'm just really glad that yesterday was payday, so we have plenty of money in the bank to cover this temporary mess. So, all in all, I will only have to pay like $68.95 (because I did get one day of insurance, too). This means, I come out on top since Chris gave me 80 bucks, which is already in the bank. Man, for only $11.00 and a free car wash, this is sure a big mess to go through. But hey... I'll take what I can get!

On a better note, things seem to be going well with MY car. I spoke with James yesterday on the phone, and he said that they had the bumper and pad stripped off already, and that there was no additional damage. His target for finishing it was between 4:00 and 5:00 this evening. However, since Chris has to work tonight, I'll just meet him at the shop tomorrow morning so he can pay for the car's repairs before I pick it up. So, I'll go by Hertz first to drop off their car, and they will take me back to the autobody shop........ WHOOPEE!! I just called the car place, and they said that my car would definitely be finished today, and that they would call me when it was done. They even said that I could pick it up today, even if Chris isn't going to pay for it till tomorrow morning. Hmm... I dunno about doing that. I think I would feel better knowing that my car was already paid for before taking it from the shop. At the same time, though, I wanna get rid of this blasted rental car asap! Hmm.... what to do, what to do! So, I think I'll give Chris a call as soon as I get a call from the shop. I'm not worried about him paying, but I would just feel better to have the car paid for as soon as possible. Plus, I'm ticked at Hertz.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that, by tomorrow at this time, everything will be right with the world... or at least, with my car. Another cool thing... it'll be in better condition than it was in before this whole mess. The bumper was already all scraped up from other bonks and mishaps (backing up into the curb, etc). Now, I will have a nice, shiny new bumper on my car. Plus, they said that they could probably wash off some of the paint on the front bumper (sustained from scraping the side my garage while pulling into it on a few different occasions). I'm not counting on that, but it'll sure be nice if they do it. This autobody shop deals with high-end foreign import cars (Audi, Mercedes, BMW, etc), so they take pride in their work and they strive to maintain an excellent reputation. I know my car is in good hands right now. But dang it all, I WANT IT BACK!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home