I Am a Crazy Mom

Friday, September 08, 2006

By the way....

First of all, I want to clarify something about the whole car boo-boo the other day. The force with which the guy's car hit me wasn't all that great. In fact, had he not had a bleepin' tow loop on the front of his truck, my bumper probably wouldn't have sustained any damage. He was almost stopped, albeit a screeching stop, when he hit me. I don't think my car moved at all in the impact. I bumped into the front end of a vehicle in the church parking lot a few weeks ago with much greater force. I have also slammed on my brakes in the past with greater force. So, I am fairly confident when I say that no one was injured in the ordeal. I was crying because I was freaked out since I am a hormonal boob right now (I cried in the church parking lot, too). Jasmine was crying only because I was crying. Plus, she was just upset that someone's truck hit our car. Tyler was babbling in the back seat through the whole ordeal, not aware of a single thing out of the ordinary. Here it is, three days later, and other than my normal pregnancy uncomfortableness, I feel great.

Now, about my doctor appointment on Wednesday...

I was 25 weeks and one day. Everything was great. I haven't gained any weight in the past four weeks (yipee!), and my blood pressure was up to the area where it SHOULD be (like 128/70-ish). I was told that my blood pressure should start to go back up later in my pregnancy, and it is. Back in July, it was 105/60. ANYhoo.... the baby sounded great. The doctor was instantly able to get a heartbeat. That's the quickest he's ever been able to find it. Now that the baby is getting bigger, it only makes sence that a heartbeat would be easier to pick up. I then discussed the whole thing about quick/early labor and delivery. I asked him what the likelihood of an early quick delivery would be this time around since it was so blasted fast with Tyler.

For those of you who don't know, I delivered him 12 days early. I woke up in the middle of the night just in time to witness my water breaking all over the bed, and we zoomed to the hospital where he was born less than an hour and a half later. Well, the doctor said that the USUAL (but not always) case is, if you have a quick and/or early labor, your next one will likely be quicker. He suggested I line up all my appointments through 34 weeks on that very day. He wants to see meat 28 weeks (where I take the gestational diabetes test with that Glucola drink), 30 weeks, 32 weeks, and 34 weeks. After that, he wants to see me WEEKLY, and he'll start checking my cervix at 35 weeks. I could only schedule my 28 week and 30 week appointment with him, though, cuz his schedule is blacked out after that. The scheduler told me that they probably did this because he is so dang popular. So, on my 28 week apointment, I will try again. Just in case, I did schedule my 32 and 34 week apointments with another doc. I hope I can see my own, though. He's totally awesome. Wow, this is going to help make time fly by really fast.

Jasmine absolutely loves Kindergarten. For the first two days, other kids on the bus helped her find her way to her classroom. I believe she went all by herself this morning. Everyone at the school, faculty and students, are pretty good about looking afer the little Kindergarteners. Jazz will even have a bag tag pinned to her backpack for the first two weeks, where I have to daily update how she will be getting home. I am also comforted to know that the bus drivers taking the Kindies home will NOT let them off the bus without a parent/guardian present to take them. I freaked out today when I thought I missed the bus dropping her off... luckily I was wrong. It wasn't even her bus. When she WAS dropped off, I spoke briefly with the driver who told me that she would have just left Jasmine on the bus and taken her back to the school, and maybe tried one more time to drop her off at home. Jasmine seems to be making friends, and I am feeling much less worried and paranoid than I was at the beginning of the week.

Now I have to go put Tyler back in bed for the billionth time. I have been trying to get him to go to sleep for the past half hour or so, but he keeps climbing out of bed. The little pill!

(I wrote this entry on Friday, but due to Blogger problems and my impatience, I didn't post it till Sunday)

2 Comments:

  • At 10:01 PM, Blogger Dawnyel said…

    Okay, but I still worry about the whole insurance avoidance issue ANYWAY! (I'm a natural born worrier!)
    I forgot how fast Ty was...wasn't Jasmine pretty fast too? All I remember is you calling me at my mom's house from the hospital telling me you'd had a baby girl! (And my shock that followed...thinking you were having a boy...) I hope this baby gives you plenty of time to get to the hospital and get an epidural! :)
    And you're ALREADY with the doctor and they STILL won't plan your appointments?? GEEZ!!

     
  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger Lynanne said…

    For two of my children I had precipitous labors (4 hr and 1 hr) at 37 and 38 weeks. Both times the babies were stressed by this and had to be resuscitated (apgars of 5 and 4 respectively).

    With my third, my dr feared that I wouldn’t make it to the hospital and that it would put my life and the child’s at risk (I also hemorrhaged with my 2nd.) Because of this, my doctor wanted me at the hospital at 38 wks before my labor started. As it turned out, I went into labor a day earlier but didn’t realize it since I hadn’t ever experienced early labor. By the time I arrived at the hospital, the amniotic sac was bulging through my cervix (dilated to 4 cm) and I was having contractions every 3-6 minutes. Despite this, I still labored another 10 hours (for over 24 hours total). Plus, my delivery turned took a surprising twist.

    Anyhow, it’s true what they say that one labor can be COMPLETELY different from another. Even if one is very quick the next won’t necessarily be faster.

    Good luck to you, and congrats on your pregnancy! I came to your blog from a comment you left on another one. I’ve bookmarked your site and can’t wait to read more. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home