I Am a Crazy Mom

Monday, August 14, 2006

So flippin' tired...

Lately, I feel totally and completely drained. Getting up to do anything is a huge chore. At least I don't feel like throwing up so much anymore (just occasionally in the mornings if I don't eat a decent breakfast). I haven't actually barfed for a few weeks now. It's about freakin' time, since I'll be 22 weeks pregnant tomorrow. What happened to morning sickness staying in the first trimester?

Last week, my husband accompanied me to the doctor for the first (and probably only) time. The only reason he was there was because I was having my ultrasound, and I needed help with the kids. It's just a big pain in the butt having him take time out of work to attend all these doctor appointments. I can normally manage just fine by myself with the kids.... tons of other moms hafta do that. Tyler would have been into everything, though, if daddy weren't there to police him (either that, or screaming in his stroller for 40 minutes during the ultrasound... not an option!) ANYhoo... all along, we have talked about not finding out the gender of the baby. I was afraid that it would be really hard to go along with that when the day of the ultrasound came. Amazingly, it wasn't. We just told the technician that we didn't wanna know, and she told us when to look away from the screen. I know that the gender was detected, though, because when I had my followup apopointment with another doctor (my own wonderful doctor was away on vacation to Alaska), he scribbled out the gender on the ultrasound sheet so I wouldn't see it. It's kinda weird, knowing that someone out there knows what we're having (and I don't), but that's okay. It will still be a wonderful surprise for us when the baby is born. I'm just happy that the ultrasound looked good, and that no abnormalities or problems were detected.

I haven't done much around the house for the past week. I've just been really tired and sore. My main goal for this week is to get the bathrooms cleaned. I'd really like to do one of 'em today.... preferably while Tyler is sleeping. He just zonked out right before I started this blog entry. I also need to clean out our fridge in the garage, and do meal planning for the rest of the week. First, I think it'd be a good idea for me to get cleaned up and dressed. After all, it's almost NOON. YUCK! I'd better get started, and see how much of this I can actually accomplish.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger Melzie said…

    glad you are feeling better-- and super fun on having a surprise baby!! I hope it holds out as a surprise-- nathan was given away *sigh*

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Dawnyel said…

    Hey, if you're awake and the kids are taken care of, then you've accomplished a LOT!! Good luck on all of the things you HOPE to get to! :)
    I'm sorry you're so tired! It's bound to get better!! (And I thought you KNEW morning sickness could last the entire time...Uh...ME!!!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home