I Am a Crazy Mom

Monday, July 31, 2006

We've Been to the Zoo, Zoo, Zoo... How About You, You, You?

Okay, so I have a crazy "Little People" song stuck in my head right now. But it's true... we HAVE been to the zoo, and we're going back tomorrow, and the next day, and the next, and the next one after that. Jasmine had her first day of Zoo Penguin Camp today. The Penguins are the youngest group of kids, who will all be in Kindergarten next year. Jazz had a blast. The kids got to see butterflies and elephants, among other creatures and critters. They also had story time with snacks and an art project. The art involved paint, so of course, Jasmine loved it. Every child also got a red Penguin Camp T-shirt (to wear every day), which they get to keep. Jasmine is just so excited about it all.

We had a crazy weekend, what with my brother's family staying with us on Saturday and all. They have three kids, so it was quite a housefull. We even went to the zoo with them. Jasmine could go a bazillion times, and still not be sick of it. I'm sure glad we have that annual zoo pass. Whew. ANYway, it's sure nice to have a quite house once again. I got my fill of company for a LONG time. I can now happily go back to my reclusive ways once more... at least, for a while.

Tyler is still not asleep right now, and it's 10:53. He keeps climbing out of bed and coming out into the front room. I tried closing the door all the way, but then he just banged on it and started screaming. I DO NOT want him waking Jasmine up. I guess I'm paying the price for that late nap that he took. Shuttling Jasmine to and from the zoo today messed up Tyler's sleeping schedule. He'd fall asleep in the car, only to be woken up when I had to take him out. Grr. It's gonna be crazy all week with this zoo camp thing. I think it'll be a little better tomorrow, though, cuz I'm going to start riding the MAX train to and from the zoo. There's no way that Tyler will fall asleep on that thing. Even if he does, at least he'll be in his stroller where I can KEEP him. Still, there's nothing quite like sleeping in your own bed, even when you're just a 19 month old bubba. It'll be nice to have things settled down after this week.... for EVERYONE.

Well, I'm off to try, one more time, to get him to bed. Hopefully, I'll be more successful this time, it being like the FIFTH time we've attempted it. Goodnight.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    SOunds like fun to me...although...it does sound like A LOT of work too! Are you still super tired and sick? I hope not!
    I love the zoo! We went to the Omaha Nebraska zoo on our trip...and it ROCKED! It is ranked as the TOP zoo in the Nation!
    Next year I think I will put Matthew in Zoo camp too! He loves animals! (As long as they keep their distance)!
    Good luck with Ty's scedule!

     
  • At 9:31 PM, Blogger Dawnyel said…

    I hope Jazz enjoyed the zoo...zoo...zoo....
    I'm really sorry that Ty was being such a pill. But then again, you have mentioned that fact before!! :) Hope the MAX and the stroller helped his nap schedule!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home