I Am a Crazy Mom

Monday, May 22, 2006

Just to Clean Things Up a Bit...

In not so many words, I have been asked to post something else so that formidable "P" word isn't the first thing seen when my blog is visited. OK, Dawnyel.... I'm doing you a favor now. Hmmm....... what in the heck am I going to write about? Well, Sunday, we didn't go to church. We ended up having a big ol' family gathering thingy down in Albany with all of my Oregon family instead. A few of my cousins weren't there, but most were. While we were there, we shared the baby news with everybody. We also had an "-o's party". Everybody in the family that turns 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, or so on, this year, was in a big picture. After dinner, we sang happy birthday and had cake and ice cream. No presents were handed out, but we had lots of fun anyway.

The past few days have been rather "blah" to me. I thought I was done with the whole morning sickness throwing up thing, but nope. It came back with a vengence this morning. I have felt like crap all day, and I'm still in my pj's. It's almost 1:00 now. Jasmine is fairly understanding over the whole thing. She realizes that I don't feel good, and she constantly reminds me that I have a baby in my belly. I did receive a bit of good news this moring, though. The doctor's office called me to give me my lab results concerning my progesterone. Because of my past history with miscarriages, the doctor was concerned about my progesterone level. If it was lower than 20, I would have to take progesterone twice a day (and I've been doing that since Thursday evening). However, it was actually 22.8....which, according to the nurse, is a very good number. So, after having the ultrasound and confirmation of a healthy progesterone level, my fear of miscarriage has been significantly reduced. I have another appointment with the doctor tomorrow afternoon, to do the complete first-time pregnancy checkup (I just had the ultrasound and blood work last week). Now I'm just throwing up and feeling like crap. Let the good times roll!

My hubby bought a bunch of cute maternity clothes for me the other day. JCPenney was having an awesome sale, so we took advantage of it. I already had a bunch of maternity clothes from my previous pregnancies, but most of them are either hand-me-downs or just worn out. Plus, they're hidden who-knows-where in a box up in the rafters of our garage. Since I'm already showing (I'm 10 weeks today), now I can look like I'm pregnant instead of like I'm just gaining weight. I had been wearing lots of my hubby's shirts lately. I didn' show this early with Jasmine or Tyler, but I've heard that, the more kids you have, the earlier you start to show with each subsequent pregnancy. So true!

Well, I don't know what else to ramble on about. This ought to be enough to clean things up a bit on my blog. If its a few days before my next entry, I'm still alive! I just haven't been getting on the computer as much lately. I'd much rather sleep or just lie down on the couch, watching the kids play with all the toys they've dragged out of their bedroom.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:21 PM, Blogger Dawnyel said…

    Thank you for your rambling to clean up the posts for me! :)
    I'm really, super, EXTREMELY happy to hear that your risk of miscarriage is less than what it could be! I'm just way excited for you....morning sickness, baby belly and all! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home