I Am a Crazy Mom

Thursday, September 28, 2006

"Bad Baby!"

Last night, I decided to give my mom a call to see how she was doing. Last week, she called to tell me that she's retiring at the end of the school year (she's taught school for over 25 years), and she seemed a little depressed. Well, a little ways into our conversation (I was talking to her on my cell phone), my home phone rang. It was one of my aunts. I had my mom waiting on the cell phone while I spoke with my aunt for a few minutes. She wanted to let me know that she and my uncle were planning on watching the kids for us when I went to the hospital to have the baby. She also told me that my a few of my cousins who live close by would be willing to take them if I went into labor in the middle of the night. This was quite a relief for me, as it's something that's been on my mind more and more lately. ANYway, while I was on the phone with my aunt, and my mom was waiting on the cell phone, I heard a scream coming from the bathroom. Aparently, Jasmine had gone in there to go potty. As usual, she DIDN'T shut the door (I keep trying to get her to close it). Tyler followed her in there, and when she got off the potty, before flushing, he took one of my husband's hats and tossed it into the toilet. Talk about EWWW! Tyler is a pill! Every time Jasmine goes potty and doesn't shut the door, he follows her in there and causes some type of trouble. Grr! Needless to say, she was upset for a few minutes. At one moment, I heard her sternly say, "Tyler, you're a bad baby!" I sure hope this is a lesson well learned, and that Jasmine closes the door from now on. Tyler had better not throw any more things into the toilet, either. By the way.... my mom AND my aunt now know about this whole thing.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger Dawnyel said…

    I just laugh at your "Tyler" antics...simply because I CAN! I know it's not very nice, but I can't help myself! (After all, you were one of the FIRST people to laugh at my poopy steps story!!) I'm sorry about daddy's hat...did you manage to save it!?
    And in answer to your questions on MY blog...babysitting is temporary...the family friend IS someone you know, and I'm doing JUST peachy! :)

     
  • At 3:09 PM, Blogger Dawnyel said…

    BTW...Balancing the checkbook is ALWAYS on my plans for the day! ;)

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAHAHA...I can totally relate! Not so much to the hat in the potty...but...yesterday Craig ddn't shut the door...and Matthew put his hands right in the path of the "waterfall"! Serves them both right!
    BTW...Great news that you have someone trustworthy to watch your kids when your labor starts!

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger Melzie said…

    LOL! :) I, like Dawnyell, know it's not nice to laugh- but I'm past those days, and so I must laugh in memory!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home